MICROBLADING BROWS @ DULUTH MICROBLADING STUDIO
Welcome to the next level of eyebrows! Microblading! This is an amazing cosmetic tattooing procedure specialized just for the brows.
WHAT IS MICROBLADING?
Microblading (also known as eyebrow embroidery, microstroking, featherstroke, 3-D brows, and hairstroke tattoo) has actually been around for many years in Asia. The U.S. is just catching on to this amazing technique.
It is a semi-permanent method of tattooing individually customized eyebrows. With Microblading, the thinnest hair strokes are created with pigment using hand-held disposable sterile microneedles. The pigment is deposited beneath the surface of the skin, which makes the hair strokes appear very crisp and realistic. Microblading is considered a corrective brow enhancement. The goal of Microblading is to create a very natural looking brow. This technique may not eliminate the need for brow powders.
MICROBLADING IS JUST FOR WOMEN, RIGHT?
No - Microblading is for women AND men! More and more men are seeking out microblading, too. A well-groomed appearance is important to everyone, and microbladed brows can take years off the face for women and men alike.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COSMETIC TATTOOING AND TRADITIONAL BODY TATTOOS?
The purpose of cosmetic tattooing is to enhance the natural features of a client. Cosmetic tattooing is softer, more subtle and natural-looking. Body tattoos use ink while cosmetic tattoo procedures involve pigments. These pigments are designed to gently fade over time. Fading is desired as it allows the artist to make changes to color and shape over the years as client’s natural coloration and facial changes occur.
HOW LONG DOES MICROBLADING LAST?
No guarantee can be made as to how long results will last. Microblading is considered a semi-permanent brow procedure that can last about 12 months - 2 years without a touch-up. The pigments are designed to gently fade over time. Microblading is an art, not a science. Client results will vary from person to person. Although it is effective and can last up to two years in most cases, everyone’s skin is different. It is very important that each client understands that we cannot guarantee how long the pigment will be retained in your skin. Retention depends on your skin type, texture, oiliness, and aftercare. Most clients will need 12-18 month touch-ups, but results will vary from person to person.
HOW LONG DOES THE PROCEDURE TAKE? WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
We book 2 hours and 15 minutes for the initial procedure.
During your appointment, we will:
- Complete paperwork
- Consult, calculate and draw your perfect shape
- Use virtual, digital technology to ensure precise measurements
- Take before pictures
- Choose your ideal color
- Seek your final approval
- Start the procedure
- Finish the procedure
- Take after photos
- Go over after care instructions
WILL I STILL HAVE TO TWEEZE OR WAX MY BROWS?
Yes. Your hair will continue to grow. Your maintenance will be a lot easier, though.
WILL I STILL NEED TO WEAR BROW MAKE-UP?
You might, depending on your desired look. Microblading is meant to enhance your natural brows, creating fine hair like strokes. If you prefer a filled in look, you will still need make-up to achieve that.
DOES IT HURT?
Pain threshold levels vary from person to person. Some clients experience very little to no pain, while others may be slightly uncomfortable. A topical numbing gel is used throughout the procedure to help you remain comfortable. Having this service performed during your menstrual cycle may increase discomfort. If you are a frequent smoker, the topical anesthetics used during the treatment will not last as long. If you have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, be aware that this may affect your sensitivity. If you have an usually low tolerance for pain, this procedure may not be for you.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING THE HEALING PROCESS?
Everyone's skin is different. Although eyebrow microblading is effective in most cases, no guarantee can be made that everyone will benefit from the procedure. Microblading heals about 50% lighter than the initial service. If you have very dark hair, please know the pigment may heal lighter than your natural hair color. Generally, the results are excellent but it very much depends on your skin texture, oiliness, and after care. There are many factors that could affect your healing.
Your new microbladed eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle.
- FIRST - The pigment will appear very sharp and dark immediately after the procedure. This is because the pigment is still sitting on top of your skin, and has not yet settled in completely. Your brow area may be slightly swollen and your brows may look/feel slightly larger. While some are ok with this, some have a very hard time - Just breathe, give it time and trust the process.
- NEXT - The color of the pigment will soften gradually, for some, the pigment may seem to disappear. Again, just breathe and trust the process. Do not be alarmed if you see some pigment on the cotton swab, as this is excess pigment and/or lymph exiting the skin. Once the healing of the skin starts taking place, it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. This might give you the impression that the color pigment is fading too quickly; however, this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally sloughed from your eyebrows. Your brows may develop some undesirable scabbing. DO NOT PICK! We cannot stress this enough, DO NOT PICK.
- AFTERCARE – The Artist will give you a thorough after care form with specific, easy to follow instructions.
Please plan accordingly and allow, at the very least, a week if you have an event or special occasion coming up.
DOES EVERYONE NEED A TOUCH-UP?
Microblading is considered a two-step procedure. For the most part, everyone will need a touch-up or perfecting appointment. Clients may book their touch-up/perfecting appointment 4-6 weeks after the initial microblading appointment. Your first touch-up at Duluth Microblading Studio, if completed within 4-6 weeks after the initial procedure, is included complimentary in the price of your initial microblading appointment.
Please note again that everyone’s skin is different. Therefore, each person will experience different results with this cosmetic tattooing procedure when it comes to retention. Additional touch-ups may be necessary.
CAN MICROBLADING BE DONE ON ANYONE/EVERYONE?
Microblading is NOT for everyone. Please review the outline below. If any of the following apply, this procedure may not be for you.
If you have or are:
- Extremely oily skin and/or very large pores on your forehead (pigment may not retain properly - the brows may fade quickly or strokes will appear fuzzy and blurred).
Dark/solid existing permanent makeup (tattoo removal may be necessary). If you have previous cosmetic brow tattooing, we will first require a picture of your brows or a 15-minute in-person free consultation before booking your appointment.
A smoker (pigment may not retain properly, colors may distort).
Psoriasis in the treatment area.
An auto-immune disease.
Diabetes type 1 or 2 (due to slow healing and infection, color may or may not retain well).
Thyroid/Graves Disease (medication may cause pigment to not retain properly).
Anemia (pigment may not retain properly).
History of keloid or hypertrophic scarring.
Currently undergoing chemotherapy.
Pregnant or nursing. (You cannot have this service. No exceptions.)
Under a doctor’s care and have questions at ALL about being able to have this procedure, please meet with your doctor prior to scheduling an appointment.
Please note: Even if none of the above apply, Microblading cannot be guaranteed. It is a cosmetic tattooing procedure and the skin can be unpredictable. It is up to your skin to retain the pigment. Generally, results are successful; however, due to skin type, healing or bleeding during procedure, some results can differ.
HOW DO I PREPARE FOR MY MICROBLADING SESSION?
BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT:
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oils, vitamin E, niacin, or drink excessive alcohol 48-hours prior to and after your procedure.
- Do not take any prescription blood thinners 48-hours prior to and after your procedure.
- Discontinue any vitamin A skin care products (Retin-A, retinols) close to the enhancement area at least two weeks prior to your procedure. We recommend NOT using these products over or around the brow area after you receive Microblading. It could cause fading and distortion of hair strokes.
- Discontinue use of AHA (chemical exfoliation) skin care products close to the brow area at least one week prior to your procedure.
- No laser or electrolysis on or around the treatment area one week prior to procedure.
- Do not have any chemical peels, dermabrasions, mesotherapy, or any other intense treatments which will cause faster skin cell rejuvenating and cause skin irritation three to four weeks before procedure.
- No Botox or fillers in the procedure area two weeks prior.
- If you regularly get your eyebrows shaped, waxed, threaded or tinted, please do so at least three days prior to your appointment.
- Plan trips or events a minimum of one week after the procedure.
- Limit the amount of caffeine you consume the morning of your appointment.
- If you have been on prescription Accutane in the past, you MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure.
- It is highly recommended that you avoid SUN and TANNING BED exposure for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn, you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your booking fee. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the pigment with it.
- If you have existing cosmetic tattooing, please contact us BEFORE booking your appointment for a free consultation.
Although perfection is always our goal, no one's face is 100% perfectly symmetrical. It is nearly impossible for eyebrows to be perfect mirror images of one another. The saying "brows are sisters, not twins" is applicable to microblading.
WILL I RECEIVE COUNTLESS, WONDERFUL COMPLIMENTS ON MY BROWS?
Based on the feedback we have received from our clients, you can count on it!
Great Eyebrows Don't Happen By Chance. They Happen By Appointment at Duluth Microblading Studio!
© Duluth Microblading Studio. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.